VORTEX PERFORMANCE – CARBON MAF PIPE
Application: 2001-2006 BMW E46 M3 – All models 6spd & SMG – S54
INSTALL NOTES: Professional Installation Recommended. If you have not purchased the Heat-Shield, make sure to secure/strap down the entire setup to ensure that the air intake is not freely in the air on its own. A Heat-shield can safely secure your entire air intake setup to prevent it from moving around under pressure. After Install, go for a gentle test drive and double-check and tighten the clamps as needed. Vortex MAF Pipe works with any 4 inch cone air filter.
Install Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 10mm Hex Socket
- Flat Screwdriver
- An E46 M3
HARDWARE INCLUDED IN THIS KIT:
– 2 x New MAF Sensor Screws
– New 4” metal clamp (Optional/Extra)
– Remove the OEM airbox and leave the OEM intake elbow, as shown in the picture to the right
– Next, take note of the orientation of the pipe below to make sure you are positioning it correctly.
- The MAF Sensor hole should be oriented to 2:00 o’Clock in order for the MAF pipe and the filter to sit correctly throughout the setup (from the OEM Elbow → to the cone air filter)
- The “Vortex” label on the pipe should be facing you as shown on the right.
- (Optional Step) Replace the old metal clamp with the newly provided one
– Connect the cone air filter with its provided metal clamp to the MAF pipe.
- Plug back in the MAF Sensor using the newly provided 2 x MAF Sensor Screws and tighten down. Do not overtighten.