Vortex-Performance Smog Block Off Plates for Yamaha R6
- VP Smog Block Off Plates are designed to seal off the ports on the valve cover used by the air injection system (a.k.a smog pumps or AIS)
- The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons
- Once these are capped off the air injection system can be safely removed
- These Smog Block Off Plates are made from CNC’ed billet aluminum
There are three reasons why you want to remove the air injection system from your bike.
- 1. If you are using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove all unnecessary equipment from your bike for reduced weight and ease of maintenance.
- To get an accurate Air: Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra “fresh air” in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.
- This addition will typically remove the majority of popping on deceleration that can be experienced with un-burnt gasses within the emission charcoal chamber.
Note: Proper tuning may be needed
YZF R1 2003-2019
YZF R1M 2015-2019
YZF R1S 2016-2019
YZF R6 2003-2019
YZF R6S 2006-2009
FZ1 / FZ1 Fazer 2006-2015
FZ6R/ FZ6 Fazer 600 2004-2015
ZX-6R ZX6RR/636 03-08
ZX-14R Concours 14 04-18
1 Pair of Smog Block Off Plates